I struggled with an appealing way of introducing this post. Wanting partially to take on the highschool freshman approach with an "I heart shoes...Melani shoessss." At the same time, while I really do love shoes, Antonio Melani is only but a small piece to a, dare I say it, bigger picture.

Sometimes I forget to take pictures just for the sake of doing it; because it's what I love. I don't always make the time to experiment like I did when I first got my camera. Lately, I've been feeling the need to pack up my camera and favorite lenses and just drive somewhere around the city and see what I can find. And while, yes, I have so many events and shoots to blog as of now, I'm making a case for the just because photos. The pictures we catch on the fly. The shots we don't set up or compose. The "in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time" photos that become favorites, signatures, and part of fabulous Kolo albums that are laced with black pages and cream corners.

So I give you the attempt to make a better artist and a better shot. I give you the no restrictions approach that has left me the recipient of a few "you're crazy lady"s from time to time, as I hang from the rafters, lay on the ground, or am lifted by a wire to get that perfect, balcony-style wide angle. :) I give you the Pic[k] of the Day.


This shot was taken last weekend at a wedding with Alison Miller In St. Augustine. Though the last shot of the day that I took, having all the experimental elements that I love, it quickly became my favorite. And of course, who wouldn't love those fabulous sapphire Antonio Melani shoes?

Labels: